Roothy Corp. P/L Game of Skill Terms & Conditions
Thank you for entering our Roothy competition. This is a game of skill, so each entry will be judged on creativity and ingenuity. Based on these criteria Roothy will deem the most interesting and inspiring entry and a winner will be selected from the pool of entrants after the specified closing date of the competition. Your specific entry conditions regarding competition dates, entrant eligibility requirements and prize information are stipulated at the point of entry i.e. entry forms, advertisement, email correspondence, webpage etc. The rest of the information pertaining to the terms and conditions of your entry and the handling of your information is written below:
The Promoter of this competition is Roothy Corporation PTY Ltd (ABN 9 1568 881 219). The draw will take place, within 7 days of the competition closing date. Winners will be notified by phone and email 1 business day after the draw, and the winner’s name will be published 3 business days after the draw on the Roothy website, and also on the Roothy Facebook page.
If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize within the timeframe stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will occur 4 weeks from the date of the draw. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to equal value and/or specification.
The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. By entering a Roothy Corporation PTY Ltd competition you are agreeing to join our email database.
How to Enter
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms and Conditions). Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition commences on at 0800 (AEDT) on the date specified at point of entry and concludes 1700 (AEDT) on the date specified at the point of entry.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and their associated agencies and companies, are not eligible to enter. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entrants are required to follow the instructions at the point of entry to be eligible. The prize and prize value will also be mentioned at the point of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, any content which infringes the rights of another person (including intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or confidentiality), disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in relation to the Competition which is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, improper or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Incomprehensible, incomplete and/or otherwise indistinguishable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Final entries must be received by 1700 (AEDT) on the date mentioned at the point of entry.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered. The judge’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry to the competition can only be made by email via the Roothy Facebook page or the Roothy website.
What is the prize?
- The major prize is mentioned at the point of entry
- Total prize value is mentioned at the point of entry.
- The Prize must be taken as offered and is non refundable, non transferable and non redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable State Regulation.
- Once the Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Without limiting any other section of these Terms and Conditions, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner:
- must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements; and
- may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- It is a condition of entry that the Promoter has the right to publicise the names, characters, likenesses or voices of any entrants to the Competition.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize. The winners may be required by the Promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session, and other interviews (including but not limited to the time at which possession of the Prize is transferred to the winner), and the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person advises the Promoter at the time of entering the Competition that he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity. Entrants also acknowledge that their photo may be used for promotional displays at the Prize provider’s location. Entrants’ hereby consent to their entry being published / broadcast and/or to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter being published / broadcast.
- In consideration for entering the Competition and/or the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner (as the case may be), the entrant and/or the winner (as the case may be) hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the entrant’s and/or winner’s (as the case may be) participation in any aspect of the Prize (“Work”). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Work (including, reproducing, publishing, transmitting to the public and broadcasting the Work) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto, and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
How will the entries drawn?
- This is a game of skill, so each entry will be judged on creativity and ingenuity. Based on these criteria a judge will deem the most interesting and inspiring entry and a winner will be selected from the pool of entrants between the specified dates. The draw will take place, within 7 days of the competition closing date. Winners will be notified by phone ad email 1 business day after the draw, and the winner’s name will be published 3 business days after the draw on the Roothy website, and also on the Roothy Facebook page.
- If a winner/s cannot be found a second chance draw will take place 30 days after the closing date of the competition.
- Judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How will winners be notified?
- The winners will be notified by email within one business day of the draw. If a second place draw is required winner/s will be notified by email one business day from the second place draw.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter at the email address email@example.com.
- The Prize will be delivered within Australia only to the nominated prize delivery address specified in the winner’s entry.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its officers, employees, agents, representatives and related bodies corporate shall not be liable for any claims, costs, expenses, personal injury, death, loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage) suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to arising as a result of any negligent act or omission) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with:
(a) this Competition (including participation or attempted participation in the Competition);
(b) the Prize (including use or attempted use of the Prize and/or assembly or attempted assembly of the Prize);
(c) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(d) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(e) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter); and/or
(f) any Prize that is late, lost, damaged or misdirected in transit.
The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition.
If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation as applicable.
The Promoter is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to representatives and agents acting on behalf of the Promoter or assisting the Promoter in the administration of this Competition, including Prize suppliers and deliverers.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery and regulatory departments and winners’ names published as described under these Terms and Conditions and as required under the relevant lottery legislation (as applicable). A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Roothy Corporation PTY Ltd reserves the right to utilise and edit the product feedback and information provided by you for marketing purposes including but not limited to the Roothy Corporation PTY Ltd website and product reviews.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, occupation and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Competition is conducted by the Promoter, which is Roothy Corp. PTY Ltd., ABN 9 1568 881 219, PO Box 1480, Buderim, 4556, QLD